Madison County has many great business associations and community organizations.
These groups offer the opportunity to build your network, learn and be a part of the business and local communities within the county.
While some, like the Health Care Providers Association and the HR Forum, are industry specific, others including Safety Council, Plain City Business Association, Downtown London Association, London Community Organization, Uptown Plain City Organization and the West Jeff Community Organization discuss a wide variety of topics across many different industries.
Members of the community organizations have the opportunity to get to know the community they are living and working in and often times work to plan festivals and events and help to make the community a better place to live and do business.
It doesn't matter what organization you choose. Just get involved!
Plain City Business Association
PCBA is a networking and business information association that meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Der Dutchman in Plain City, Ohio.
Meetings begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and are over by 9:00 a.m. to allow attendees to get to work.
The organization works hard to bring in relevant speakers and discuss current trends in the business world. Most members live or work in the Plain City area but many come from other parts of the Greater Columbus Region. All are welcome to attend a meeting and join the association.
Come to attend a PCBA meeting and join the association!
Downtown London Association
The Downtown London Association (DLA) is an organization that works to foster and enhances a climate of support and advocacy to the business community for the long-term economic well being of Downtown London, Ohio.
It is a division of the Madison County Chamber of Commerce and meets every Tuesday from at noon at Phat Daddy's Pizza. All business owners and community members are welcome.
The DLA has considered the Heritage Ohio model for organization and structure. Heritage Ohio is a historic preservation and Main Street organization that fosters economic development and sustainability through the preservation of historic buildings, revitalization of downtowns and neighborhood commercial districts and the promotion of cultural tourism.
Visit the DLA Facebook page for updates.
Support The Revitalization of Downtown London Ohio
London Community Organization
The London Community Organization (LCO) is a non-profit, social welfare organization created exclusively to benefit all residents of the greater London community. The LCO consists of businesses, organizations, government officials and individual citizens, dedicated to working together to make London, Ohio a better place to live and do business.
The purposes of the LCO include but are not limited to the following:
- To preserve and beautify the appearance of the greater London community.
- To improve and enhance the quality of life.
- To promote interest and community pride.
- To initiate and promote public safety and crime prevention activities.
- To encourage and, when appropriate, sponsor social activities for the enjoyment of all residents, including community festivals.
- To make distributions to other non-profit organizations whose purposes would enhance those of the LCO.
- To apply for and receive grant money to be spent on the preservation of the City of London.
- Would you like more information on how you can become involved with your community? Are you or your business interested in becoming a member of the London Community Organization?
If so, please send an email to email@example.com and someone will happily get back with you!
Uptown Plain City Organization
Historic Plain City is home to a small town feeling of warmth and hospitality and offers endless opportunities as a prosperous place to live, work, shop, and conduct business. Uptown Plain City Organization (UPCO) is an innovative group of volunteers who are focused on the growth and development of the Historic Uptown District. The passionate team of visionaries at UPCO is committed to historic restoration, preservation, and revitalization and is dedicated to helping guide Plain City’s prosperous future.
In 1818, Isaac Bigelow founded the town of Westminster, which in 1872 was renamed Plain City. The town had the advantage of being located on early Post Road, which was the main thoroughfare for settlers traveling to the west. In the 1820s, businesses sprang up as the area’s population increased. Today, Plain City is witnessing exceptional residential growth thanks to its enviable small town charm and proximity to metropolitan Columbus.
West Jefferson Community Association
The West Jefferson Community Association is responsible for planning the Ox Roast Festival every Labor Day weekend. The famous Ox Roast Sandwiches are slow cooked for 12 hours Saturday night into Sunday morning and served at lunchtime on Monday. For more information, visit their website West Jefferson Community Association.
Health Care Providers Association
The Health Care Providers Association exists to enhance Madison County Health Care and Health Care Business through communication, education, and awareness of health care consumers, health care businesses and public entities.
Health Care Providers Initiatives:
1. Create Public Awareness
- Employment opportunities and growth of healthcare jobs in Madison County
- Increase the awareness of public officials to understand the special needs of Health Care Providers
- Add value of Health Care to the community as a source of useful, accurate information.
2. Heath Care Voice for the promotion and protection of Health Care in Madison County
- Partner with industry allies and supportive organizations
- Provide Madison County Health Care Providers with a voice for legislative and regulatory issues
- Promote services and resources available to consumers
- Identify opportunities for improved healthcare services in Madison County
- Encourage local participation and awareness of Madison County health-related promotional opportunities and events
4. Educate Health Care Providers on:
- Programs available from the Chamber of Commerce Services available across the healthcare delivery settings
- Impact of changes in healthcare reimbursement and delivery models