In 2009, Madison County, Deercreek Township, Jefferson Township, the City of London, the Village of Mt. Sterling, Pike Township, and the Village of West Jefferson joined forces with the Madison County Chamber of Commerce to create a Community Improvement Corporation (CIC) to serve as the principal regional economic development agency for the county and its communities.
Madison County Future Inc. (MCFI), a not-for-profit 501c3 organization defined in Chapter 1724 of the ORC, assists businesses with their relocation and expansion plans, and markets Madison County County as one of the best places for business in Ohio and the United States. MCFI is strongly affiliated with Madison County Chamber of Commerce, Columbus 2020 and JobsOhio. Our organization, partnering with public and private stakeholders, also updated a 3-Year Strategic Plan for economic development in 2017 that is available to the public.
View our 2017 Annual Report.
The Madison County Community Improvement Corporation is a collaborative economic development organization, dedicated to creatively supporting continued growth for the benefit of business and citizens within the collective community.
- The Community Improvement Corporation will work hard for the benefit and positive growth of every citizen and business within the collective community of Madison County while balancing agriculture, business, education, quality of life, and heritage.
- The Community Improvement Corporation will use every ethical method available to bring a beneficial resolution to the challenges before us.
- The Madison County Community Improvement Corporation is dedicated to supporting and growing the economic base in Madison County through a strong business retention and expansion program and through business attraction strategies targeting businesses that will provide good paying jobs for our citizens.
- Dustin Parker, President - Private Citizen
- Mark Forrest, Vice President - County Commissioner
- Kevin Wood, Treasurer - IBI Group
- Patrick Closser, Secretary - Mayor, London
- Ray Martin - Mayor, West Jefferson
- John Rucker - Councilman, Plain City
- Lowell Anderson - Mayor, Mt. Sterling
- Ben Johnson - Centerpoint Development
- Mark Bennett - Bennett & Williams Environmental Consultants
- Jeff Pfeil - Township Trustee, Jefferson Township
- Tim Suter - Ohio Edison
- Lou Kramer - Superintendent, London City Schools